Celebrate Disability at Your School!
Disability Pride, Education and History Week
Engage your whole school community with a whole week of activities supported by DEE! All grades engaged in their own activities, at the end of the week all students showcase their hard work.
- Kindergarten read and participate in activities on books with characters with disabilities and disability themes.
- 1st grade learns how to sign in American Sign Language their favorite songs and American songs (National anthem, America the Beautiful, etc.)
- 2nd grade explore their school for accessibility and learns about the barriers people with disabilities can face.
- 3rd grade host a film and discussion
- 4th grade create posters that encourage inclusion
- 5th grade act out sketches on disability stereotypes
- 6th grade design posters of famous people with disabilities
- 7th grade create an artistic timeline of disability history to display in the school
- 8th grade write their own rap and pop songs about anti-bullying and inclusion
- High school students participate in a service learning project that benefits people with disabilities.
In collaboration with school staff, parents volunteers, students and educators DEE will support schools in a fantastic disability week!